Naya Raipur becomes the world’s first integrated city with state of the art facilities and is the newly panned capital city of Chhattisgarh. The city serves as the administrative capital of the state and caters the infrastructure of the modern technology to satisfy the needs of industries and cultural values of the region.
Naya Raipur is India’s sixth planned city after Jamshedpur (Jharkhand), Bhubaneshwar (Odisha), Gandhinagar (Gujarat), Chandigarh (Punjab & Haryana), and Navi Mumbai (Maharashtra), and fourth among the capital cities.
The city has been designed to cater the needs of the future technology so the infrastructure of the city can be upgraded to the future technologies. It is located about 17 kms from the city of Raipur, between the National Highway-6 and National Highway-3. Swami Vivekananda Airport separates the two cities which is nestled in between the old and the new city.
Naya Raipur is being developed over an area of 8000 hectares which includes 41 villages renovated with all basic needs such as road, parks, green belts, and water lines using robust features and smart technology.
The city is expected to house about 4.5 lakh (450,000) people within a decade. Provisions have been made for its expansion and to upgrade infrastructure in the future.
Objectives of Naya Raipur:
- Servicing hub for manufacturing industries, information technology and bio-technology sectors.
- Financial centre of the region.
- Hub for trade and hospitality sectors.
- To supplement the local economy, more focus on cultural services.
- Place for affordable and high quality medical services.
- Hub of quality educational facilities that will help develop as a knowledge base.
Features of Naya Raipur:
- All necessary features like water, power, transport and security are centrally monitored.
- Everything from water supply system, power supply system, optical cable transmission system are built underground.
- It’s a Green City with zero water discharge zone nestling 5 lakh trees about 27% of the area would be greener with a Green Field City.
- Also an Eco-Friendly City with effective waste water recycling system that uses recycled sewage water for other purposes.
- It has the Shaheed Veer Naryan Singh International Cricket Stadium, the world’s fourth largest one with seating capacity of 50,000 individuals.
- Every living space in Lavasa is beautifully chosen with the finest amenities, panoramic landscape views and spacious designs, which bring the beauty of the surroundings into the home. Robust social infrastructure, 24 hour water and power supply, e-governance and a City Manager made for an advanced and comfortable living.
- Naya Raipur would reflect the rich heritage and culture of Chhattisgarh and India in its urban design and architecture. Special efforts would be taken to make it a people friendly and visitor friendly city.
- The Nandan Van Zoo & Safari, widespread over 203 hectares is a hub for wild animals which is going to be the major attraction of the state.
- The smart city will house premier educational institutions like National Institute of Technology, Hidayatullah National Law University, International Institute of Information Technology and Indian Institute of Management Raipur.
With iterations, the allocated spaces were again translated in terms of number of jobs and the total number of job in the city arrived at. With a population of 5.6 lakhs, the Naya Raipur City is expected to generate approximately 2.2 lakh jobs, with an assumed workforce participation rate of 40%. The high standards of physical and social infrastructure adopted for the city will be able to cope with the maximum capacity of the city.
Stay tuned to @techie_wheels for more updates!