The OnePlus 2 owners can finally experience the latest version of Android Marshmallow, as the company begins a staged roll-out of OxygenOS 3.0.2. The firmware update brings the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, usual bug fixes and improvements to camera and the fingerprint scanner.
The update comes with goodies of Marshmallow along with a new and improved camera interface. The update includes:
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow upgrade
- Enhanced Doze mode for better battery life
- System wide performance improvements
- Improved fingerprint sensor performance and recognition
- New OnePlus Camera UI and AF optimization
- MaxxAudio and Tuner have been removed. We have integrated with Dirac HD Sound technology for the speaker so you get a great experience without the knobs and dials
- Shelf UX has been improved. You can now long press to edit a board
- You can now lock apps in recents so they won’t be cleared away. We’ve also added clear process in addition to clear-all for those of you who want better control of background processes
- Network operator selection will now stick to your choice so you don’t accidentally roam onto unintended networks
- Swiftkey update to 6.3.3
You might receive over the air update notification on your phone and if you haven’t received yet, it might take same time, as it is an OTA roll-out. You can also manually check for the update by heading to your handset’s Settings menu.