Amazon’s digital assistant platform Alexa has now got a new wake word adding to its existing wake words. It’s a go-to-voice assistant for the hassle free smart home as well as for Vehicles too. The new wake command ‘Computer’ has been added to the Amazon Echo and Echo Dot devices and now you can command your voice assistant just like you are in Star Trek world.
Previously, there are only three wake words: Alexa, Amazon and Echo. With Computer command, you can shout at your device to get it listen to you. But, remember it won’t do things as you see in Star Trek.
The update has already begun rolling out to the Amazon devices, and it’s a staged roll out, so apparently it might take some time to arrive to your device. You can head to settings to check for the update.
To Change the Wake Word
- Open the Alexa app on your iPhone or Android phone.
- Open the left navigation panel, and then select Settings.
- Select your device from the menu.
- Scroll down and select Wake Word.
- Use the drop-down menu to select a wake word, and then select Save. When you change the wake word, the light ring on your device flashes orange briefly.
Stay tuned to @techie_wheels for more updates!