Reliance Jio is an upcoming telecom service network head by Mukesh Ambani and it is expected to launch commercially sometime in October this year.
Reliance Jio 4G is originally exclusive to Reliance LYF smartphones and it was later extended to Samsung mobiles and other tie-ups.
The company has secured 846.1 MHz spectrum across 800 MHz, 1800 MHz, and 2300 MHz bands. The company has partnered with third-party international companies and installing advanced towers that can cover larger area than normal signal towers.
With its advanced transmitters and towers, Reliance aims to provide a completed digital ecosystem in India. Jio will cover around 90% of the population in the next couple of years.
Steps to activate the Reliance Jio 4G SIM card on your LFY smartphone:
- Visit the nearest Reliance Digital Store or Digital Xpress mini store and check for the availability of the offer in your region.
- If it is available, buy a brand new LYF smartphone with prices starting from Rs. 3000, and get the free Reliance Jio 4G SIM card that comes bundled with the phone.
- Alternatively, you can even visit Reliance Jio Preview offer website and submit your details to generate offer code.
- After receiving an email with the offer code, take required documents such as address proof and id proof and visit the nearest Reliance Digital Store or Digital Xpress mini store. Buy a LYF smartphone and submit all the required documents to the store.
- Your SIM card will be registered. You’ll have to verify your identity within three business days by calling 1977 to activate the SIM.
- After activating you SIM, launch the MyJio app from your phone, login and submit the code to avail the offer.
As a complimentary, Reliance Jio 4G Preview offer comes bundled with its premium app services. You can install them from MyJio app.